Health insurance plans play a major role in safeguarding against major diseases. Almost 38 million deaths happen in India every year due to non-communicable diseases. The sedentary lifestyle has contributed to this issue, making everyone vulnerable to critical illness.
Under the star family health optima insurance plan, an insurer gets a wider coverage for his entire family. People between the ages of 18-65 can avail this policy. A family health optima plan offers benefits, like daycare procedure, domiciliary hospitalisation, pre and post hospitalisation, newborn baby cover and much more.
This star family health optima insurance plan provides a comprehensive family health solution at an affordable price point.
Table of Contents
Features of Star Health Optima Insurance Plan
- Lifetime Policy Renewals: It offers lifetime policy renewals for applicants above 65 years.
- Automatic Restoration of Insured Amount: This facility is provided three times during the policy period.
- Pre-medical Screening: It is available to the people above 50 years of age at registered diagnostic centres.
- Pre-existing Illness: Compensation is offered after 48 months of constant coverage.
- Co-Payment: If the applicant is above 60 years, then 20% co-pay is applicable for every claim and renewals.
- Recharge Benefit: It is offered up to a particular limit.
- No-claim Bonus: It provides a no-claim bonus of 20% in the second year and an extra 10% for the following year.
Key Inclusions and Benefits in Star Health Optima Plan
- Coverage for the newborn baby applicable from 16th day
- Assisted reproductive treatment cover
- Organ transplant cover with donor expenses
- Domiciliary hospitalization cover, crossing over 3 days
- Health check-up benefit year
- 100% reinstatement of the insured amount
- Daycare procedure coverage
- 120 days grace period from expiry date till policy renewal
New Benefits in Star Optima Health Insurance Plan
Emergency Medical Evaluation
The coverage compensates the policyholder against the conveyance charge incurred from hospital to another to a certain limit. This coverage is applicable throughout India.
Repatriation of Mortal Remains
The insurer will offer up to Rs.5,000 to the insured person for repatriation of the mortal remains. This is provided to the city where the policyholder resides.
The star health insurance optima plan recompensates for the air travel expenses of the visiting family member. The limit of air expense is Rs.5,000 for one family member towards the concerned hospital.
Lump-Sum Payment for Treatment in Allied Hospitals
In a situation of emergency hospitalisation, star insurance recommends a list of allied hospitals. The ceiling for treatment is 1% of the basic SI and is subjected to a maximum of Rs.5,000 per insurance policy. This includes shared accommodation expenses, shared medical opinions with empanelled medical practitioners, AYUSH treatment cover according to the mentioned conditions.
If there is any accidental hospitalisation, the basic sum insured will increase from 25% subject to a maximum limit of Rs. 5 lakh. It requires the insured rider to wear a helmet in case they are riding a two-wheeler bike.
Assisted Reproductive Treatment
The policyholder can claim expenses incurred on the assisted reproductive treatment for subfertility cases. There is a waiting period of 36 months from the date of insurance policy commencement after which the amount can be covered.
For an amount like Rs. 5 lakh, the compensation limit is Rs. 1 lakh and for an amount of Rs. 10 lakh the compensation limit is Rs. 2 lakh. However, the compensation amount will be provided after 36 months of a waiting period.
The star health optima insurance plan is for the complete family offering coverage on an array of medical and healthcare conditions. This insurance plan is also eligible for tax benefits under Section 80D of Income Tax.
Overall, it offers a considerable saving route for policyholders through a single premium covering the entire family.